For the purposes of the legislation Stoneite.co.uk is known as the “Data Controller” and is therefore responsible for what happens to the information that you provide to us when using our website www.stoneite.co.uk
For any questions or further details, you may need about the use to which we put your data, please contact us by:
Phone: 07740 287 196
By post: Stoneite, 9 Willow Road, Slough SL3 0BS
What type of information we collect?
The type and amount of information we collect is restricted to contact details (full name, organisation, address, email and telephone number).
How we use your information?
At Stoneite.co.uk we will use your information only for the purposes of:
• Contacting you about price estimate / quote for our products and services
• Responding to your query
• Contacting you about new products, special offers, events
• Activating your warranty
• Providing legal updates
• Asking you to complete a survey or write a testimonial about our services
• To analyse what individuals are looking at on our website.
We will only use your information for the purposes it was given, and we will make it clear to you as well when we collect the information. The details submitted will not be put to any other use without seeking additional consent from you.
Our legal basis for processing your information
By submitting an online form available on our website www.stoneite.co.uk, you have consented to us contacting you in response to your query and using your details for that purpose.
If you have opted into any of our mailings (newsletter, events and/or updates and/or to be contacted regarding competitions), you have consented to us using your information for this purpose.
You can request to withdraw your consent to this at any time by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the above address, but your consent will remain valid until we receive the withdrawal notice from you.
The website www.stoneite.co.uk uses various cookies (Cookies are small text files the website can use to recognise repeat users, allow us to observe behaviour and compile aggregate data in order to improve the experience of the Site for you) and one of these is used to track what you have looked at while browsing our website. This information is used only to review how people use the website, for the purposes of improving functionality and user experience. This is a legitimate interest of the business; therefore, we use this information on that basis. There are no judgments made about you, and the data that is taken and used is anonymised, so there is no prejudice to you in us using the information in this way. Cookies also allow us to count the number of unique and return visitors. All of this data is eventually anonymised, so that you cannot be identified from it, and we would only use it for the reasons mentioned above.
Cookies will either be essential – which means that they are required to enable you to navigate and view the site, or to log on. Other cookies are non-essential, such as those which we use to track and identify patterns. You can turn off cookies through your web browser. To find out more about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org Please note that we cannot accept liability for any malfunctioning of your device or its installed web browser as a result of any attempt to turn off cookies.
How we keep your information?
We understand the importance of security of your personal data and your information is stored in a database, which is stored safe on servers on our hosting provider. All our team members who have access to the database are fully trained in how to use the information in a secure way.
We strive to safeguard your information, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online and you do this at your own risk.
Who has access to your information?
Aside from Stoneite.co.uk staff
• Third parties who provide mailing services for us, for example MailChimp, who we use to send out group emails on our behalf. We provide these third parties with the information that is necessary to provide the service and we will have an agreement in place that requires them to protect your data as we do.
• Third parties if we run an event or promotion in conjunction with them but we will let you know how your data is used in that case.
• Third parties in connection with restructuring or reorganisation of our operations, for example if we merge with another company. In case of such situation we will make sure your privacy rights will be protected by the third party.
• Third parties if we are required to do so under any legal obligation and may use external data for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction, or where doing so would not infringe your rights, but is necessary and in the public interest.
Other than this, we will not share your information or data with other organisations without your consent.
Keeping your information up to date
We really appreciate it if you let us know if your contact details change. You can do so by contacting us at www.stoneite.co.uk
How long we keep your information for
We will treat your consent as lasting only for as long as it is reasonable to do so. This will usually be for two years. We may periodically ask you to renew your consent.
You have the right to request details of the information that we hold about you, and the uses to which it is put, which is known as a Subject Access Request. Such requests have to be made in writing. To make a request, please contact us via email at www.stoneite.co.uk or by post at the address given above.
You also have the following rights [which will be introduced in the UK under the GDPR in May 2018]:
• the right to request rectification of information that is inaccurate or out of date;
• the right to erasure of your information (known as the “right to be forgotten”);
• the right to restrict the way in which we are dealing with and using your information; and
• the right to request that your information be provided to you in a format that is secure and suitable for re-use (known as the “right to portability”);
All of these rights mentioned above are subject to certain safeguards and limits or exemptions. To exercise any of these rights, you should contact us via email at www.stoneite.co.uk or by post at the address given above.
If you are not happy with the way in which we have processed or dealt with your information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. For more details please check https://ico.org.uk/concerns.